Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Classic Summer 2015-Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by J.K. Rowling

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by J.K. Rowling

Alright, so I'm probably not going to actually review this one. If you don't know this plot line by now, go pick it up.

I had forgotten so many things about this book. I always forget that this is where Dobby comes in! And how could I, he is one of my favorite characters!
I will blame this on the movies. They have made the whole thing run together in my head. Thanks ABC Family. (just kidding, please never stop having Harry Potter weekends.)



One thing I noticed is that this book is slightly darker than the first one. That seems like an obvious statement, really they are all progressively darker. But I didn't know it as I was first reading it. This really is the beginning of the slow descent from quirky children's novels about a plucky young boy into the true depth of not only the world of Harry Potter, but into the darkness of that world.

I can't seem to remember any major differences in the book and movie. I know there were some, but at this point it was trivial. The later books are really where I will step on my soap box about that.



Well this gets me one step closer to my trip to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter in August. I've been thinking about doing a series of blogposts about my trip on here when I get back, or maybe just one long one, depending.  I am so excited!!!!

*** I read this blog post today and wanted to share it here because it is so amazing. J.K. Rowling is aweseomsauce. http://moviepilot.com/posts/3293705-jk-rowling-says-we-all-got-our-hogwarts-letters?lt_source=external,manual


Happy Reading,
HLP

No comments:

Post a Comment