Thursday, January 1, 2015

Reading Resolutions

Ohhkay. So I'm not really the resolution type, but I am striving toward a goal when it comes to reading this year. I barely read 20 books in 2014. I mean, I schlepped my way through it. I feel like I picked up so many books that were "wrong for me at the time". I don't like giving up completely on books. There have been very few that I have actually put down for good and said, 'nope, not doing it'.

Another problem for me this year was my serious lack of time. Since giving birth to my beautiful baby boy in March, I haven't exactly had an abundance of time just sitting around demanding to be used. So I set a very unrealistic goal of 50 books for 2014, and was of course disappointed with myself whenever it totally flopped.

So for 2015, I am setting a goal that is more realistic, yet improving on last year. My goal is to read 26 books in 2015. I found this really cute reading challenge earlier this evening and I am going to try it out! I will post it here for posterity, as well as to give credit to the original link.
Again, I did not create this challenge and I encourage everyone to go to
 http://burns-familyblog.blogspot.com/2014/12/26-books-in-2015.html
and check them out. It's a really cute blog!


Well, I am off to begin my reading journey for 2015. I just finished reading This is Where I Leave You by Johnathan Tropper. I gave it four stars. And as something different, my husband and I read it together! We finished it yesterday and watched the new movie based on the book this evening. I would recommend both!

Happy Reading!
HLP

No comments:

Post a Comment