Saturday, May 11, 2013

Georgia Cooking in an Oklahoma Kitchen by Trisha Yearwood

My grandmother and I picked up a few cookbooks yesterday, and I have begun to make my way through them. Th first that I've read is Georgia Cooking in an Oklahoma Kitchen; Recipes From my Family to Yours by Trisha Yearwood. I have watched her new cooking show on Food Network several times, and her recipes seemed like something I would enjoy, being a Georgia girl myself!



This book is a compilation of basic staples that you might find in any Southern kitchen. While I already have my own go to recipes for most of these items, the variations in the book sounded just as scrumptious, and there are so many that I am very excited to try!

What I loved most about this book is the way that Trisha details her feelings on cooking, because they are so close to my own. She says that she loves to cook because she's cooking for people that she loves, and that is something I can relate to. Cooking is a huge passion of mine, handed down to me from a long line of talented cooks, and I think the reason I enjoy it so much is the look on the face of a loved one when I have made them something delicious!

If you're interested in trying your hand at Southern cuisine, this is a wonderful starting point!




Happy Reading,
HLP

No comments:

Post a Comment